• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA & RPC / RPC not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA & RPC / RPC not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 24.Sep.2006 1:15:03 PM   
blomus

Hello!

At first, excuse my English, it's a Swiss interpretation of this language

I took this Tutorial to configure my installation, Exchange 2003 behind the new ISA 2006. I adapted that to my one Exchange Server Scenario without the Farm Configuration. OWA works, but I try now about 8 hours to figure out the problem with rpc over https. I can't connect with my Outlook Client. I tried everything 399 times, no chance. The resources about ISA 2006 are very sparely, about 3 articles to that.

So, when I try to test the rpc Configuration with https://localhost/rpc, the login box comes up 3 Times, what is requested and described in the Technet KB (Windows 2003 SP1). Also the direct Test with /rpc/rpcproxy.dll works fine. When I ty to connect from outside, nothing works. When I try to connect over https://webmail.domain.ch/rpc, ISA Server comes up with the Login Screen. After Login, ISA goes back to the Login Screen.

When I try to connect with Outlook from Outside and the /rpcdiag switch, nothing happens. After 30-60 seconds the Login breaks up with an error, Exchange must be online....

I recreated the virtual Folders in Exchange, checked about 100 times the security settings, everything is ok!

So, now I'm searching for an answer and I don't know who can help me....

If you have an Idea... I'm very receptive to any tip!!!

Thanx and Best Regards,

blomus from Switzerland
Post #: 1
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 24.Sep.2006 7:32:49 PM   
alans

Make sure you've got everythin 100%. If anything is type in wrong it won't work. like msstb or msstp and it must be msstd in the client configuration. Also make sure everything is set to basic authentication and you are using HTTPS.

I've found funnies with HTTPS to HTTP.

Regards,

Alans

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 24.Sep.2006 9:38:46 PM   
blomus

Everything ok...

Basic Authentication and the right Settings in Outlook... any idea ???

Regards,

blomus

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 25.Sep.2006 8:34:45 AM   
alans

Hi,

Not really i saw you tried to connect to it internal but did you try connecting to it through outlook internally. Make sure you have split dns and check if the outlook client works intrenally. Also i've found a reboot of the server also sometimes works.

Regards,

Alan

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 25.Sep.2006 9:30:55 PM   
blomus

Hi,

It work's from internally. I have a split DNS configuration and can connect from an internally outlook client. I've rebootet the servers many times...

Regards,

Marco

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 26.Sep.2006 10:25:49 PM   
alans

Hi,

Make sure the rule delegates Basic authentication and the \rpc\* path is included in your rule. on rpcdaig through outlook is everything connected on HTTPS and not TCP/IP.

Regards,

Alan

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 27.Sep.2006 12:06:34 AM   
blomus

Hi Alan,

The Rule delegates Basic Authentification and the Path /rpc/* is set!

I don't know where to search...

Regards,

Marco

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 27.Sep.2006 10:38:40 PM   
alans

Hi,

Do the following:

On the clients that are internally connected run the following:

outlook /rpcdiag

Make sure all connections are HTTPS and not TCP/IP if this is the case then you'll need to look at the ISA publihing rule. If not then there is a problem with the rpc on the exchange server.

Make sure that you followed the document exctaly and always use HTTPS never have HTTP and use split dns.

Regards,

Alan

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 27.Sep.2006 11:46:00 PM   
blomus

Hi Alan,

The client connects trough tcp/ip! Split DNS is set up, I connect always to the "external" name. I can't find something wrong in the rpc configuration... the rights are set to basic authentication, I reinstalled the rpc service two times!

Any idea?

Regards,

Marco

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 28.Sep.2006 8:54:50 AM   
alans

Hi,

Then you have a problem with the rpc directory or the registry key.

Have you followed toms guide on this?

Regards,

Alans

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 10
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 29.Sep.2006 9:53:35 PM   
blomus

Hi Alan,

Which Registry Keys? I don't think that I need to set some Registry Keys with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2!!!

I checked the rpc configuration in the registry, the ports (6001, 6002, 6004) are the right one. I also tried that:

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /v /p:ncacn_http
Querying Endpoint Mapper Database...
RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied. ).

I can't find a solution for that. I tried all the MS KB Articels about that (Ports, SSL, Certificates), but always the same...

Regards,

Marco

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 11
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 30.Sep.2006 6:41:21 PM   
alans

Hi,

what about the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy

It should be:

ExchangeServer:6001-6002;ExchangeServerFQDN:6001-6002;ExchangeServer:6004;ExchangeServerFQDN:6004;

ExchangeServer is the NetBIOS name of your Exchange server.

ExchangeServerFQDN is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your Exchange server. If the FQDN that is used to access the server from the Internet differs from the internal FQDN, you must use the internal FQDN.

If anything is typed in wrong anywhere it won't work

Check and make sure.

(in reply to blomus)
Post #: 12
RE: OWA & RPC / RPC not working - 30.Sep.2006 8:16:29 PM   
blomus

Hi Alan,

It works now. I made several changes last night, including your one. I changed the ports, I reinstalled SP2, I recreated the Web Folders in IIS, I reseted the Rights in IIS and finally I think I had a bug in the ISA Rule (I tried several things and several configurations). So, I don't know which settings was the wrong one, or perhaps it was a combination of 2 or 3 settings...

Item, it works now!

Thanks a lot for your support, GREAT!!!

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA & RPC / RPC not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts