• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

12206 Proxy Chain Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> 12206 Proxy Chain Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12206 Proxy Chain Error - 27.Sep.2006 8:06:41 PM   
tonygauderman

I have a tri-homed ISA Server 2004 Installation with the following network relationships:

Inside - Perimeter:  Route
Inside - External:  NAT
Perimeter - External: NAT

I have a Web Server in the Perimeter network that is a domain member.  The internal network can access it properly (once it was added to the proxy bypass configuration).  Anyone connecting through the external interface gets the 12206 error code, and an event log is generated stating that there is a proxy chain loop.  It appears that the request is coming in the external interface and is being sent out the external interface rather than the internal interface.  Monitoring seems to confirm this.

Here is how my Secure Web Publishing Rule is configured:

SSL Bridging
Allow Traffic
From Anywhere
Secure Connection to clients and Web Server
Computer Name: FQDN which correctly resolves on the ISA server to the Permiter IP Address
Path: /* (tried with nothing)
Accept Requests For: This Domain Name-- same FQDN specified as Computer Name.
Path: /* (tried with nothing)
Listener: IP On External Interface that external DNS points to
Listener Preferences: Enable HTTP & HTTPS on standard ports... Import SSL Cert used on Web Server for FQDN
Listener Authentication: Integrated
User Sets: All Users

I am using the same exact SSL certificate on the Published rule as I am on the Web Server.  I have used this before without any issues, but suspect I may be having some issue with this config (works with with OWA)...  I suspect I am doing something simple wrong.

If I use SSL Tunneling, it works fine.  For obvious reasons, I do not want to leave it this way!

thanks for any advice you can give me!

Tony
Post #: 1
RE: 12206 Proxy Chain Error - 28.Sep.2006 3:39:41 AM   
tonygauderman

I am not sure if my head hurts more from banging my head on the desk trying to fix the problem, or for banging my head on the desk after I realized what was wrong.  There was entries in the host file for the FQDN of the site I was publishing.  The address the host file pointed to was the external address.

Once I remove the host entry everything worked like it should.

Advice to self:  NEVER skip even the simplest step in the troubleshooting.  (I need to tell myself that every once in awhile)

(in reply to tonygauderman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> 12206 Proxy Chain Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts