• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006 - 27.Sep.2006 10:59:26 PM   
alans

Hi all,

Just would like to share one of my experiences upgrading an IA 2004 to 2006. The client had live communication server installed which had an older MSDE database than ISA. When you start the installation ISA 2006 tries to upgrade the MSDE database but fails. It also fails installing the MSDE database it requires.

This ISA firewall won't start after upgrade. Then I tried uninstalling ISA 2006 and removed LCS and uninstalled all MSDE databases but I could remove an MSDE database from the control panel. Tried removing it through regedit and rebooted the machine.

Then I tried install ISA 2006 but it failed to install the MSDE database every time.

At the end I ended up reinstalling the OS.

I'm sure I could have fixed the problem but I didn't want to waste time. Hope this helps with future upgrades.

Regards,

AlanS
Post #: 1
RE: Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006 - 28.Sep.2006 12:19:10 AM   
elmajdal

Keep ISA server as a firewall ONLY !!

dont install it on the same box with other applications nt related to it .

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to alans)
Post #: 2
RE: Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006 - 28.Sep.2006 9:00:37 AM   
alans

Yes i agree but sometimes clients install something on the machine without you knowing.

Users!!!!!!!

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Recommedation for upgrading from ISA 2004 to 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts