• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ready to PULL my hair out

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Ready to PULL my hair out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ready to PULL my hair out - 3.Oct.2006 4:26:01 PM   
shankshank

So I have 1 exchange 2003 server in my internal network, and ISA 2004. After a few tweaks I was able to have OWA working from external clients, not internal, and OMA direct push. RPC would not work.

From reading sites it seemed as if 2006 ISA was supposed to be easier. So last night I upgraded to 2006. It seems now that direct push functionality is delayed, maybe not even working but its the active sync that is. OWA is still not accessibly from the internal network. (I did setup split DNS). And RPC is still not working (is there anything special needed to be done on the exchange end?)

I don't understand why internal users cannot access OWA. The listener is on the external, the FQDN resolves to the external of the ISA server, and then split dns should kick in like it does for external clients, but the firewll log shows the internal client trying to his the external network of the ISA server, and then being denied
Post #: 1
RE: Ready to PULL my hair out - 3.Oct.2006 5:23:26 PM   
shankshank

I looked at the IIS logs for access and I don't really see any errrors but accessing of the RPC

but in the actual httperr.log I see this

2006-10-03 14:57:55 xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx 2240 xx.xxx.xxx.xx 443 HTTP/1.1 RPC_IN_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll?xxsvr:6002 400 1 BadRequest DefaultAppPool

also if I try to access /rpc from my external client whcih I am testing with

I get this

“You do not have the permissions required to access this Web site. Please contact the Web site administrator.”

(in reply to shankshank)
Post #: 2
RE: Ready to PULL my hair out - 11.Oct.2006 9:59:47 AM   
shankshank

no  update on here, still having the problem

(in reply to shankshank)
Post #: 3
RE: Ready to PULL my hair out - 11.Oct.2006 3:12:21 PM   
shankshank

i tried to access /rpc/rpcproxy.dll and it took me to the FBA site of OWA

(in reply to shankshank)
Post #: 4
RE: Ready to PULL my hair out - 12.Oct.2006 4:37:36 PM   
shankshank

Ok I was able to access my outlook over ISA using RPC/HTTP. I had to uninstall RPC, reinstall i t, and then reedit the registry. Although I can connect, and its using basic authentication, I have to put in my password every time, and sometimes 2-3 times, why?

And also, I was watching the log, and I see errors on that rule showing denied access, sometimes allowed, even though I send/receive email no problem and the rpc monitor shows HTTPS connections..

why is that? is that monitor bad or inaccurate?

(in reply to shankshank)
Post #: 5
RE: Ready to PULL my hair out - 18.Oct.2006 1:11:03 PM   
shankshank

updated agian:

RPC works fine, at least it appears to be working fine.

When watching the isa monitor, it shows 2-3 denies on RPC rule, and then it accepts... i am curious as to why the deny?

(in reply to shankshank)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Ready to PULL my hair out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts