• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 8.Oct.2006 10:09:20 AM   
PCC

I can't find any info on the Microsoft site about customizing the forms.  But this is what I did.

I copied the default Exchange forms folder and renamed it to CustomOWA and made all my changes there.  If I point my OWA publishing rule at this folder I get the default ISA forms when I go to log on.  When I log off I do get the proper custom form.  I also get the same thing if I use the default Exchange forms for this publishing rule.  When I log on I get the default ISA form instead of the default Exchange form but when I log off I get the correct Exchange form.  So I'm a bit confused as to what is going on here.

I also did the same for a custom form for my SharePoint site.  I copied the default ISA forms folder and modifed the files as necessary and named the folder CustomSP.  I get the same problem with this one.  When I go to log on I get the default ISA form but when I log off I get the custom form.  Also if I use the log into SharePoint and then use the "Sign in as Different User" option from the menu in SharePoint v3 Beta2 I get the custom logon page like I'm supposed to.

I rebooted the server after I did my customization and pointed my publising rules at the custom forms.

Does anyone know what would cause this?  It is very frustrating.

< Message edited by PCC -- 11.Oct.2006 9:27:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 10.Oct.2006 11:48:42 AM   
PCC

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it possible that something was corrupted when I did my in place upgrade form ISA 2004?

Everything else seems to be functioning just fine.

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 13.Oct.2006 11:06:05 PM   
PCC

No ideas what might be causing this problem?

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 24.Oct.2006 2:47:56 PM   
PCC

I have found that if I set the web listener to use the custom form everything works properly as far as the custom form is concerned.  But I can not get this to work by leaving the listener set to use the default forms and setting the web publishing rules to use the custom forms.

I thought that was the whole point of being able to direct the web publishing rules to use a specific form folder.....so you could publish multiple sites with the same listener and have each one use a specific custom form for that particular site.  Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 15.May2007 9:15:01 AM   
iad

I'm having a similar problem - publishing OWA using Exchange forms but the only way that I have access to these forms is to define the custom forms option in the listener. Simply setting the option on the OWA publishing rule does not seem to work.

This is now become a problem as I need to publish SharePoint Services v3 and i wanted to use the same listener for SSO purposes - any one with a fix?

Thanks

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 5
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 15.May2007 9:48:43 AM   
PCC

I haven't found a fix yet.  I just use a generic login form for both sites that is configured for OWA so that all the options are available.  That form is set on the listener and then custom site specific forms are set on each web publishing rule.  But the only time the custom site specific form is seen is when you log off of the site.

I'm guessing that this is a bug that they haven't fixed yet because it doesn't make any sense for it to work this way.

(in reply to iad)
Post #: 6
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 15.May2007 5:46:32 PM   
iad

Thanks for the reply - must be some kind of precedence issue - the listener's settings (or lack thereof) take precedence over any rule-based setting.

This is just a guess, of course....

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 7
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 21.May2007 11:00:29 AM   
iad

I maybe have an explanation for why it is happening - see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb425763.aspx. About 1/2 way down on the page, there is a "Remarks" section - it appears that if you have the "Require all users to authenticate" option enabled on the listener, ISA will use the forms that are defined in the listener. If there is no custom form defined, it uses the default.

I set this value to false and then set the custom forms option on my OWA rule - worked like a charm. OWA gets its forms and SharePoint gets the default ISA form (my current config). SSO also works now as I can use a single listener for both OWA and WSS.

One thing that I did notice was that if you incorrectly authenticate to OWA, the form refreshes to the ISA default form. Not sure why this is but it does not overly affect my environment.

Hope this helps with your situation....

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 8
RE: Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms - 21.May2007 3:04:49 PM   
PCC

I was using the "Require all users to authenticate" setting on the listener also.  Turning it off works for me as well.

I guess thinking about it a little bit, that makes complete sense.  If you require authentication at the listener then it can't get to the web publishing rule to use the custom form until you have authenticated at the listener.  And if you authenticate at the listener you will already be authenticated when it gets to the web publishing rule so you will never see the login form.

I did find that you need to make sure you have your web publishing rule set to use the "Authenticated Users" on the users tab or some strange things will happen.

Thanks for finding this!

< Message edited by PCC -- 21.May2007 3:07:11 PM >

(in reply to iad)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Strange problem with Custom Auth. Forms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts