• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to - 9.Oct.2006 11:30:46 AM   
jcashtgusa

Hi all,

I'm trying to route my incoming VPN clients through a Cisco NAC appliance, to check for anti-virus/updates/etc. To perform this I need to route the VPN client internet traffic through the subnet of the NAC appliance. The ISA server has 3 NICs - internal, external, and a third I called VPN, which is connected to the NAC appliance subnet (192.168.2.0). The VPN clients are successfully receiving DHCP addresses from the 192.168.2.0 subnet, but are still attempting to surf via the 'External' NIC of the ISA server. Is there a method to prevent the use of the default gateway of the ISA server, and instead route the VPN clients out the 'VPN' NIC for internet traffic?
Post #: 1
RE: VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to - 9.Oct.2006 8:38:48 PM   
oztrodamus

I believe what you're refereing to is called Split-Tunneling, but why would want to complicate your configuration? What is the advantage?

(in reply to jcashtgusa)
Post #: 2
RE: VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to - 9.Oct.2006 10:01:14 PM   
tonygauderman

this isn't split tunneling, it's Policy Based Routing, which at last check, can't be done.  I believe if you want NAC on a VPN tunnel you have two choices.... with ISA you can write your own script to help perform posture assessment (there are guides for that config, but I can't seem to find a URL tonight) or you can terminate the VPN's to a Cisco VPN device, which can use your Cisco NAC appliance.

(in reply to oztrodamus)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN ==> NAC Appliance How-to Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts