• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remote SQL Logging

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Remote SQL Logging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remote SQL Logging - 10.Oct.2006 4:15:40 AM   
ZZ

Hi,

I am trying to setup remote SQL logging for ISA 2004 Standard. I have enabled the relevant System Policies. I have created the ODBC DSN. I have created the SQL database and tables and the relevant database user login. All according to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838710.

Yet I get this error 'The ISA Server Web filter was unable to open ODBC Data Source.....Logon failed for user', and the Firewall Service is stopped.

The user being the account I specify in the Web Proxy Logging properties window.

I get this error regardless of what user account I specify even going so far as to try a Domain Admin account.

I had this working very well with ISA 2000 but since upgrading to 2004, no luck. Everything I have read indicates that it shouldn't be this difficult and is indeed possible.

Have I missed something? Any help as always is appreciated.

Thanks,

Zied
Post #: 1
RE: Remote SQL Logging - 17.Oct.2006 2:35:18 AM   
ZZ

In case anyone wants to know.

I got this working by setting two things differently to ISA 2000.

In the ISA Web Proxy Logging configuration I removed the account I had specified in the Use this account window and left it empty. Also the DSN had to be configured to use Windows Authentication not SQL Authentication.

Any other combination just would not work.

(in reply to ZZ)
Post #: 2
RE: Remote SQL Logging - 1.Nov.2006 10:01:58 AM   
waynewhittle

If you test your ODBC connection from the ISA server using the ODBC Data Source Administrator do you get denied there ?

Are your ISA and SQL servers in the same domain ? If so r u sure you've set up the windows authentication correctly (in SQL Security Logins) using DOMAINNAME\ISACOMPUTERNAME$ and selected permission for the relevant database under the database access tab ?

< Message edited by waynewhittle -- 1.Nov.2006 10:04:59 AM >

(in reply to ZZ)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Remote SQL Logging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts