• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN in back-to-back configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN in back-to-back configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN in back-to-back configuration - 10.Oct.2006 7:02:38 AM   
tb

Hi Everybody,

in my network I have a back-to-back DMZ-configuration, with an ISA 2004 standard edition being the front-end server. The networks affected by this configuration are assigned the following IP-address ranges:

- ISA (external interface): static public IP assigned by ISP
- DMZ network: 172.16.a.b / 28
with ISA (internal interface): 172.16.a.x
        back-end firewall (external interface): 172.16.a.y
        back-end firewall (internal inteface): 192.168.a.b / 24
- VPN-address space is a 172.16.x.y-range outside the DMZ-network's IP-
address range

I configured the ISA server as written in Tom Shinder's "Enabling the ISA Server 2004 VPN Server" article, where I am using a PPTP-VPN so far.
Connecting Windows XP SP2-based clients works fine.
Unfortunately I am only able to reach the ISA server itself through the VPN tunnel.
The back-end firewall's external interface, although it is pingable from the ISA server, when logged on locally, is unreachable through the VPN tunnel.
The back-end firewalluses the ISA as default gateway.
On the ISA server, I added the route to he internal (192.168.a.b) network to the routing tables.

I, too, read the articles about "VPN off-subnet IP-addresses" and the "ISA server solution in a complex network". However, I did not find anything that would have my problem solved.
Could anybody give me a hint, on what to do ?

Best regards

Tobias
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN in back-to-back configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts