• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DNS fault in our side or ISP?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> DNS fault in our side or ISP? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DNS fault in our side or ISP? - 13.Oct.2006 6:15:08 AM   
coolsunil

here my office, user didnt get net connection properly in every 10 to 20 min.

it must be due to fault with external DNS name resolved. as I am able to ping IP address without fail. but when try to get domain name resolved to IP Address,  i.e.ping domain name it failed to get resolved, but get ip address pingable.

I have configured Connectivity verifier to check DNS verifier with our ISP, it too show error like that
'The connectivity verifier "DNS Verifier" reported an error when trying to connect to our ISP,
Reason : No econnection'
it also log error in event viewer log.

here i m using dsl router modem connected to external one and other lan connect to local network, i.e. edge firewall of isa server 2004 sp2 with win2k3 R2 and all patches.

dear any one know what can to be fixed that problem. give some suggestion for tool to check whether external DNS is working fine or not.
Post #: 1
RE: DNS fault in our side or ISP? - 13.Oct.2006 8:40:26 AM   
spouseele

Hi coolsunil,

assuming you have an internal DNS server, make sure that:
  • The internal DNS server is specified only on the ISA internal interface.
  • No DNS servers are specified on any other ISA interface.
  • The internal DNS servers has forwarders configured to resolve external names.
  • There is an access rule allowing the DNS protocol from the internal DNS server to the external world (or the forwarders only).

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to coolsunil)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> DNS fault in our side or ISP? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts