• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client ... - 20.Oct.2006 7:26:09 PM   
LinxPatrickH

With the Firewall Client enabled, I am able to make a PPTP VPN connection to another Windows domain but I cannot get Remote Desktop Connection to work. If I disable the Firewall Client on my machine then RDC works. I am able to use RDC with a Terminal Server host with the Firewall Client enabled and I have successfully used an SSL VPN connection with the Firewall Client enabled, so it appears to be specific to me trying to use Remote Desktop from my machine through a VPN connection to another network while the Firewall Client on my machine is enabled.

I am running ISA Server 2004 on SBS 2003 with every update that I know of installed. The client machine that I use for RDP is running Win XP.

I suspect that there is a problem with my Firewall Policy or Proxy settings but the Firewall Policy that applies when the Firewall Client is enabled is the SBS pre-configured 'SBS Internet Access Rule' which allows all protocols from the internal network for all users in the 'SBS Internet Users' group.

Any suggestions?

Patrick Headley.
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Cli... - 21.Oct.2006 5:27:35 AM   
spouseele

Hi Patrick,

check out http://www.isaserver.org/articles/IPSec_Passthrough.html, particular section '4. Configuring ISA Clients'.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to LinxPatrickH)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Cli... - 21.Oct.2006 9:18:11 AM   
jzietsma

Is that IP you are connecting to listed in your "Interrnal Networks" section? (is it included in one of those ranges)

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Cli... - 22.Oct.2006 2:00:43 PM   
LinxPatrickH

I had experimented with putting the IP addresses on the internal network but I was concerned about giving someone on that network access to my system while I was logged in or for some virus or malware to be transfered into my network due to the relaxed firewall rules.

I'll reread the KB artical.

Patrick.

(in reply to jzietsma)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts