Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS

LinxPatrickH -> Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. (20.Oct.2006 7:26:09 PM)

With the Firewall Client enabled, I am able to make a PPTP VPN connection to another Windows domain but I cannot get Remote Desktop Connection to work. If I disable the Firewall Client on my machine then RDC works. I am able to use RDC with a Terminal Server host with the Firewall Client enabled and I have successfully used an SSL VPN connection with the Firewall Client enabled, so it appears to be specific to me trying to use Remote Desktop from my machine through a VPN connection to another network while the Firewall Client on my machine is enabled.

I am running ISA Server 2004 on SBS 2003 with every update that I know of installed. The client machine that I use for RDP is running Win XP.

I suspect that there is a problem with my Firewall Policy or Proxy settings but the Firewall Policy that applies when the Firewall Client is enabled is the SBS pre-configured 'SBS Internet Access Rule' which allows all protocols from the internal network for all users in the 'SBS Internet Users' group.

Any suggestions?

Patrick Headley.

spouseele -> RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. (21.Oct.2006 5:27:35 AM)

Hi Patrick,

check out http://www.isaserver.org/articles/IPSec_Passthrough.html, particular section '4. Configuring ISA Clients'.

HTH,
Stefaan

jzietsma -> RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. (21.Oct.2006 9:18:11 AM)

Is that IP you are connecting to listed in your "Interrnal Networks" section? (is it included in one of those ranges)

LinxPatrickH -> RE: Unable to use RDC through VPN wile the Firewall Client is enabled. (22.Oct.2006 2:00:43 PM)

I had experimented with putting the IP addresses on the internal network but I was concerned about giving someone on that network access to my system while I was logged in or for some virus or malware to be transfered into my network due to the relaxed firewall rules.

I'll reread the KB artical.

Patrick.

Page: [1]