• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX - 23.Oct.2006 8:32:20 AM   
LJRowan

I am putting a build document together for a customer. The consultants have told them that it is ok to use VMware to run servers that are connected to the DMZ's and the internal networks. There will be three ISA servers running in an array configuration and using NLB with Web and exchange servers published.

The question I have is ISA 2004 enterprise supported on Vmware as a guest os?

Any comments (Be nice!) answers would be apreciated.

Regards

Lannon Rowan
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX - 2.Nov.2006 10:45:33 AM   
hekon

I'm in the same situation. Consultants seem to think everything should be virtualized and they come in collect their pay and shuffle off to the next project. Although I'm not a big fan of virtualizing ISA EE I would like to also know if there are sound reasons not to.

For one if you ever wanted to use an SSL accellerator card you would be stuck.

Any other reasons?

Thanks

(in reply to LJRowan)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX - 6.Nov.2006 10:22:36 AM   
LJRowan

The security voice in my mind says this is a bad idea. The server will link all network segments together on the same server for a start. I di not find a reason not to do it. I spoke with Microsoft who had mixed statements on the website but was told to use ISA 2006 instead. This configuration would be supported but is not recomended I was winformed (Joke!)

The folks at VMware did not help either as I was informed that they guys in the LAB run it all the time and it works fine. They did not have any stats to back this up but said if it could be reproduced in the LAB they would deal with Microsoft. Not happy with the SLA they have with this though.

The install is ok but getting the systems operational is a bit odd and is very tempremental in the single NIC template configuration.

(in reply to LJRowan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 array running on vmware ESX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts