• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

None of my old rules work after upgrade

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> None of my old rules work after upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
None of my old rules work after upgrade - 24.Oct.2006 8:47:19 AM   
stresco

Hi all.  I recently upgraded my Configuration server and ISA server for 2006 and now none of my old rules work.  I did a clean install on the configuration server and imported my old 2004 config, and it said that it went cleanly.  However, I had a heap of trouble getting the 2004 server to upgrade cleanly.  I finally had to re-install instead of upgrading.  Now when i try to inport my config it fails.  When I point it to the Config server, I get a Cannot connect to the ISA server error on the Config server for that machine.  It looks like I have to re-create all my old rules (NO PROBLEM), but for the life of me I cant figure out what im doing wrong.  I need to have OWA and VPN access up and running ASAP.  I cant get them to work.  I am not using any certificates for encription, just want MSCHAP to handle the authentication.  When I configure the OWA policy I get no response from the outside.  I cant even get webmail to resolve from the ISA server.  I get a PAGE I DENIED BY ISA 2006 error.  Please help.  Point me to any documents out there for setting up your 2006 server perperly and allowing  OWA and VPN access.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: None of my old rules work after upgrade - 24.Oct.2006 4:44:13 PM   
stresco

ACK!!! I had to roll them back to 2004.  Even the import of the config files back to the 2004 servers failed.  What a PITA.  I had to reconfigure all my settings from scratch. 

(in reply to stresco)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> None of my old rules work after upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts