• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE - 2.Nov.2006 5:07:34 AM   
tim_carter

i run a ISA2004 w/sp2 on a win2003ent w/sp1.

i have some really strange problems.. once in a while a rule simply stops working.. if i try to move it up and down in the list, and try to disable, and enable it.. then suddently it works again..

when i look in the log i can se when i try to connect to my published rule, that it doesn get processes.. the isa server sees the traffic, but does not know what to do with the traffic even though the rule is in place, and has been working for a long time..

Has anyone else seen this problem??

It does this on multiple things, like a smtp server publishing rule.. og a web server publishing rule.. I cant figure out what the exact problem could be.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards

Tim
Post #: 1
RE: Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE - 14.Nov.2006 1:36:51 PM   
tshinder

Hi Tim,

It's sort of hard to repro the configuration given this description.

I've never seen a rule "stop working" unless is was disabled.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to tim_carter)
Post #: 2
RE: Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE - 15.Nov.2006 4:46:59 AM   
tim_carter

Hi Tom (thanks for the response)

Actually i have experienced this problem on two different ISA 2004 /sp2 servers..

Its really really strange, because i havent changed anything on the isa server at all.. right now its working without a problem.. I simply deleted the rule and created it again.. but i do not understand how this can happen.. the one minut work fine, and the next minut it doesn't. But right now its running smoothly so i hope it will continue.. But I hate problems that i cant figure out.. and trust me, i dont change anything or disable anything.. it just stops working.. when i look in the live log, it doesn't process the rule even though it did before.. example

webpublishing rule that listens on ip X.X.X.38 (80) and the published server on the internal network is 192.168.10.10.
When the rule is working it does what it is supposed to do, and you can se in the log that it is reaching 192.168.10.10 on the internal network. but when it doesn't i stops at X.X.X.38 thats all.. no rule name or anything is displayed..

Do you have any idear how to solve this issue

Thanks

and best regards

Tim

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE - 21.Dec.2006 2:33:02 PM   
acausemaker

did you ever find a solution to this?  my ISA server is doing the exact same thing, I have to reboot it to get my rules to process traffic again.

thanks!!!

(in reply to tim_carter)
Post #: 4
RE: Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE - 22.Dec.2006 10:14:31 AM   
tim_carter

Hi acausemaker

No i never found a solution anywhere on the web for this issue.. but for some strange reason my isa has been working without a problem for a couple of months now,, go figure.. nothing is changed, dont get it... but i will upgrade soon to the new isa 2006. Tom said that this was a must.. maybe you should try that to?

(in reply to acausemaker)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Strangest Problem.. HELP PLEASE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts