Custom Report - User site visits (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

springer275 -> Custom Report - User site visits (3.Nov.2006 2:30:54 PM)

Simple question. What is the easiest way to generate a report containing the user name and the names of the sites visited? Basically sites visted per user.

Will I need to build a SQL query to do this? Is there a simple reporting app that would give me more options on ISA Reports. I have built SQL apps before, but would rather spend my time on other problems.

thanks

jzietsma -> RE: Custom Report - User site visits (3.Nov.2006 2:42:59 PM)

I dont think so.  The reporting tools in ISA are not very good or detail oriented at all.  I think what you see is what you get.  If internet usage reports are important in your company, i would look at Internet reporting software, although good products are not very cheap

elmajdal -> RE: Custom Report - User site visits (24.Jan.2007 9:19:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: springer275

Simple question. What is the easiest way to generate a report containing the user name and the names of the sites visited? Basically sites visted per user.

Will I need to build a SQL query to do this? Is there a simple reporting app that would give me more options on ISA Reports. I have built SQL apps before, but would rather spend my time on other problems.

thanks

all u need is ISA 2004 or 2006 + Excel [:D]

read this : Creating Detailed Reports Using ISA Server 2006 & Excel 

and in step 8
quote:

Under the Filter By choose Client Username, under the Condition choose Not Equals, and under the Value write Anonymous then click on Add To List ( we want to monitor all authenticated users by username )

set the filter to Client Name Equal springer275( for example ) 

Page: [1]