• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Hotmail configuration with outlook

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Tips and Tricks >> Hotmail configuration with outlook Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hotmail configuration with outlook - 8.Nov.2006 6:28:27 AM   
sandipatil

Hi All ,
I am Sandip I have Installed ISA 2004 Standard Edition,Iam facing one problem while configuring hotmail with outlook 2003, its giving following error

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'

If anyone knows about ths error  let me know
Thax
Post #: 1
RE: Hotmail configuration with outlook - 4.Jan.2007 6:25:47 AM   
shanicoolest

Read this carefully & your problem will be solved.

SYMPTOMSloadTOCNode(1, 'symptoms'); When you send or receive messages on an Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) client, the following error message may occur: Task '<Account Name> - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D): 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties. Microsoft Outlook can send and receive messages without any problems on the ICS host computer.CAUSEloadTOCNode(1, 'cause'); This behavior can occur because Outlook cannot resolve the Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) and Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) names of "mail" from the ICS client if you use a Microsoft Windows-based computer that is configured as an ICS client in a small network and if the ICS host computer is connected to an Internet service provider (ISP) through a cable modem. RESOLUTIONloadTOCNode(1, 'resolution'); To resolve this behavior, change the POP3 and SMTP server names. To do this: 1.On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.2.Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.3.Click your Internet e-mail account, and then click Change.4. Type the fully-qualified domain names of the POP3 and SMTP servers under Server Information of the Internet e-mail service of each ICS client. For example, type lh1.rdc2.on.wave.home.com instead of mail for the POP3 entry on the Servers tab of the Internet e-mail service.

NOTE: If you do not know your POP3 and SMTP's fully-qualified domain names, contact your ISP to obtain this information.

5. Click Next, and then click Finish.To determine the correct name of the e-mail server, have an e-mail sent from the host and verify the header information for the server name in the Received or Message-ID sections. 

(in reply to sandipatil)
Post #: 2
RE: Hotmail configuration with outlook - 13.Jan.2007 6:44:30 AM   
jihadsoft

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandipatil
I am Sandip I have Installed ISA 2004 Standard Edition,Iam facing one problem while configuring hotmail with outlook 2003, its giving following error

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'

Hi dude,

Do you have free account with hotmail?
If yes, then you can not use outlook express or outlook2003 to connect it to your account.

If you want to do that you have to have paid account.

< Message edited by jihadsoft -- 13.Jan.2007 6:47:10 AM >

(in reply to sandipatil)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Misc.] >> Tips and Tricks >> Hotmail configuration with outlook Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts