• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? - 17.Nov.2006 10:26:23 AM   
nonsence

i got isa server 2006 standard installed on a windows 2003 system which is part of active directory.

the system is internal but i want to use isa server 2006 firewall to protect it. i dont need to use the nat routing software since it only has 1 network card. i have not yet configured any specific network template, it's a default install that seems to be working ok.

for a single network card server, anything special i need to do so i can properly use the firewall?

also i want the firewall to be able to publish services running on the system. do i need to use server publishing rules or just firewall access rules?
Post #: 1
RE: isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? - 20.Nov.2006 10:29:10 AM   
tshinder

Hi Nonsence,

A firewall MUST HAVE at least two NICs on two different Ethernet segments, creating a physical segmentation for the network. A single NIC "hork mode" ISA Firewall is a Web proxy device only.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nonsence)
Post #: 2
RE: isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? - 20.Nov.2006 12:38:33 PM   
nonsence

so there's no way to install isa server 2006 on one internal server as a firewall to protect the one system?

i got it installed now with the template for single network adapter. and it does seem like the firewall policy rules have an affect as to what it can access on the lan and internet. but i dont know if this is a proper setup, or a by-product of a messy setup that works by chance

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? - 26.Nov.2006 10:47:04 AM   
tshinder

The ISA Firewall is NOT Zone Alarm for Windows Servers  -- it's an enterprise grade network firewall that's superior to PIX and on par with Check Point. You're trying to force a square peg into a round hole and it's just not appropriate to misdeploy the ISA Firewall in this way.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to nonsence)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> isa 2006 using single network adapter for firewall? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts