• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Traffic forwarding

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Traffic forwarding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Traffic forwarding - 22.Nov.2006 7:56:59 AM   
ThatOtherGuy

hi,
I'm not sure if this question makes sense but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

I just recently discovered that I can force people to put the proxy address and port into their/app or else they would get no Internet. And then I also discovered socks4 so other apps like some messaging and ftp clients can get Internet access in a more controlled environment. I've told clients to take out their gateways but if they figure they can put it back and get unlimited access to the Internet, that could be a problem and so, question concerns apps that do not need the http and socks4 proxy and can connect straight to the ISA 2004 gateway. Is there a way to force users to send all apps through the proxy or socks4 port?

I would think that blocking all ports and just forwarding those that you want to get access should be able to be done on the ISA firewall. But I'm not sure if that will work or how to do that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Web Proxy client >> Traffic forwarding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts