• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA - 22.Nov.2006 8:02:13 AM   
yatin_fredrick

Hi,

I wish to publish multiple secured OWA servers using ISA server that has single external IP address.
On my way to perform the configuration, i realized that i cannot bind more than one certificate to the Web listener.
I have one OWA server already published on 443 from our test environemnt & now want to publish OWA on production environment.
I installed two certificates on the ISA certificate store but when i created another web listener the another certificate is not listed.
Is this a limitation of ISA?
If yes then I guess following hotfix should address the same:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/898066

thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA - 24.Nov.2006 6:56:08 AM   
simonhill

Hi,

There are two issues here:

1. You cannot use multiple certificates on a single IP.

This is not a limitation of ISA, but rather one of the limitations of SSL. Your only option would be to publish webmailtest.company.com and webmailprod.company.com using a wildcard SSL certificate. (i.e. one registered to *.company.com)

2. The certificate is not showing in the ISA console when you create a new listener.

There are a couple of reasons that certificates do not show up when you create a new listener, either

a) There is no private key associated with the certificate (ISA 2004 detects this and does not list the cert at all - ISA 2006 detects this and list the cert but with an error)

or

b) There is a problem with the certificate chain, and the certificate is not trusted by the ISA server (normally caused when the certificate has been issued from an intermediate root, and the intermediate root certificate has not been installed on the ISA)

or

c) You have only just installed the certificate and the ISA console has not refreshed. Close the console, and re-open it.

hope this helps,

Simon.

(in reply to yatin_fredrick)
Post #: 2
RE: Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA - 24.Nov.2006 11:02:51 AM   
yatin_fredrick

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed and valuable help.

Indeed precious and was helpful.

I have given request for wildcard certificate & the certificate was not shown because i did noy export key along with that!!

cheers

(in reply to yatin_fredrick)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Please help..URGENT..publish multiple OWA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts