• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

at download start firewall client becomes disabled

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> at download start firewall client becomes disabled Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
at download start firewall client becomes disabled - 27.Nov.2006 5:20:31 PM   
t_zanor

I have gone through this forum and not found a previous question like this so hopefuly this is not a completly new question

We have 30 XP pro systems on our domain with ISA 2004 running on our sbs server
with firewall client installed on all systems (but no real active configuration in place yet) I am installing Westurn Union translink out of the 30 systems 4 will not allow me to download the translink databases. When I login on to the host site and authenticat it automaticly attempts to download the needed databases but the firewall client icon appers on the taskbar (I keep it hidden when connected) and the passover flage says FWC disabled. no connection to ISA server. All internet connections are then shut down.

Two systems in one location sit right next to each other system one took every thing fine but system two won't  checked all configurations items they all match  I am perplexed and also a new adfministrator for our servers so really trying hard to learn

Timothy Zanor
Money Center, Inc.
IT Department
tim@moneycentersonline.com
Post #: 1
RE: at download start firewall client becomes disabled - 13.Dec.2006 6:38:15 AM   
z_haseeb

Must check in the loging what the message are comming in the LOG(Monitoring------>Loging).

(try to reinstall Firewall client)

(in reply to t_zanor)
Post #: 2
RE: at download start firewall client becomes disabled - 13.Dec.2006 12:54:41 PM   
t_zanor

Are you speaking of the server side logging or client side it is on the workstation that the FWC becpmes disabled when I try to down load a file

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 3
RE: at download start firewall client becomes disabled - 18.Dec.2006 10:40:52 AM   
ababinchak

The firewall client will show up on the taskbar when it's status changes. It will go into disabled mode if it does not detect the network. This is probably what is happening. It doesn't sound like a firewall issue to me but rather a networking issue. I'd like at NIC drivers, NIC hardware, switch, cabling, etc. Something along those lines is causing the PC to loose connection to the network when under load.

Amy

Need more help? http://isainsbs.blogspot.com

(in reply to t_zanor)
Post #: 4
RE: at download start firewall client becomes disabled - 20.Dec.2006 2:42:32 PM   
t_zanor

This is what was causing the issue

we have Mcafee Total Protection being installed on our systems it comes with a firewall of its own as part of the protection suite. The two firewalls don't seem to like each other as soon as I remove the Mcafee Firewall the FWC has no problem and stays up and running. im going to be calling Mcafee as soon as I can locate  a phone number for there support department and find out why a program designed to protect a network will not work with the networks own firewall.

(in reply to ababinchak)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> at download start firewall client becomes disabled Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts