• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Single Network Adapter Setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Single Network Adapter Setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Single Network Adapter Setup - 30.Nov.2006 5:52:08 PM   
bas1gun

I currently have ISA setup with A single Nic and I used the Single network Adapter Template. I Then setup WPAD using DNS and set all IE browswers to use autodetect under LAN settings. I basically want to use the ISA server for web monitoring with Websense. I have no plans to use it for publishing or firewall use.

My problem is that when I run reports I am seeing that Netbios, Cifs and other protocols are going through the ISA server not just HTTP. How can I stop this or what am I missing. It looks like internal clients are using the isa to connect to resource that are local. I have set the internal network with my internal IP's and also setup bypass for my domain.

If anbody has some insight please help. Network Performance is degraded also.
Post #: 1
RE: Single Network Adapter Setup - 6.Dec.2006 10:40:39 PM   
jdmils

This is a novice answer, but here goes. There is a lot of protocols being thrown around a network but you can control what gets thru the ISA Server. Goto your rule which you created which allows access to the internet (by default there is one rule which explicitly denies all traffic) and click the properties of this rule. In the Protocols tab, select ONLY HTTP protocol. That's it, now only HTTP will be allowed out.

Be aware that your DNS server will required DNS protocol to go out as it would be using the ISP's DNS server to resolve domain names. There would also be other protocols, but you should be able to tell from your reports which are required.

As for not using ISA to access internal machines, make sure all IP ranges of all internal machines are setup in the "Internal" Network object. Then goto MISA\Arrays\Server\Configuration\Networks and right click the Internal network object and select Properties. Goto the Web Browser tab and the rest is self-explanatory.

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by jdmils -- 6.Dec.2006 11:12:04 PM >

|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- Windows 2003 Server DC
+-- Windows 2003 Server hosting ISA 2006 Stnd SP2
|

(in reply to bas1gun)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Single Network Adapter Setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts