• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Why I cant PING "all" the external network ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Why I cant PING "all" the external network ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why I cant PING "all" the external network ? - 9.Dec.2006 7:44:51 AM   
iberger

I install SBS2003 R2 premium with the last SP.
From the clients, I can PING every machine on the internal network (10.0.0.1-255), the second card on the SBS (192.168.1.2), the router (192.168.1.1) and I can PING some external IP (DNS server for example 212.147.10.10), BUT I cannot PING other external IP.
When I ping www.microsoft.com I can see the IP 207.46.198.60 I receive a timeout error. The same problem with direct IP adress like 192.209.141.83 (a Geneva's newspaper).
Someone can help me ?
Thanks a lot and excuse me for my "bad" english.
Igor
Post #: 1
RE: Why I cant PING "all" the external network ? - 18.Dec.2006 10:48:53 AM   
ababinchak

Because there is a system policy that prevents the return ping packet from the outside. It is not recommended that you mess with system policy. However, to view and edit your system policy rules click the View system policy link on the tasks menu while viewing the firewall policy.

Amy

Need more help? http://isainsbs.blogspot.com

(in reply to iberger)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Why I cant PING "all" the external network ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts