• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: L2TP EAP not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: L2TP EAP not working Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: L2TP EAP not working - 21.Dec.2006 12:43:39 PM   
well, I was "kept telling you how not secure L2TP/Ipsec was using pre-shared key" because simply this is how it is and because you said "I would prefer L2TP/IPsec for better security though" and you did only mention you were using pre-shared key.
Since this is now a clear thing the only suggestion I have for you(I'm sorry if this doesn't help you) is to try to re-setup vpn from scratch. The issues you have are quite strange: PPTP stops working when disabling L2TP/Ipsec, re-enabled LT2P/IPsec and VPN works, the L2TP/Ipsec is slow when PPTP is fast....
try to make connections from other clients(if you haven't already did that) to see if these issues are the same for all clients.
for me ISA 2004 VPN was running pretty much all the time like a champ and with basic vpn connections I have had only minor problems(rarely).
Best Regards,
Adrian.

(in reply to Xuser)
  Post #: 21
RE: L2TP EAP not working - 21.Dec.2006 1:00:41 PM   
Xuser

I was saying L2TP/IPsec was more secure as compared with PPTP.
Anyways, I just read an article that PPTP is not as secure as some people might think.  http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=21
I did re-setup the VPN and also tried from several different clients and from different ISPs.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 22
RE: L2TP EAP not working - 21.Dec.2006 1:21:59 PM   
hmmm...
that was in 2004.
the Internet is full of articles like that disscusing the weak point of MS-CHAPv2.
actually people stated that PPTP was dead.
PPTP EAP-TLS is still alive(even simple PPTP is still used today by many due to the fact that is is easy to deploy and to use).
but you should always choose L2TP/IPsec(not with pre-shared) over any PPTP, there is no doubt about that. Microsoft too -everybody actually- points this very clear.

(in reply to Xuser)
  Post #: 23
RE: L2TP EAP not working - 8.Jan.2007 12:16:16 AM   
Sunny.C

Check this out:

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/VPN-Options.html

quote:

And again, the problem was about why using L2TP/IPsec is slow, thus causing our VPN client problem with connecting to our Exchange server.

What are your doing with vpn and exchange???
If your using webmail, why not use SSL OWA?

(in reply to Xuser)
Post #: 24

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: L2TP EAP not working Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts