problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning

halibut -> problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install (27.Dec.2006 11:47:35 AM)

I am a newbie with ISA and I am trying to setup a test environment with ISA 2006 install.  The server is part of a test domain and is running 2003 server with all the patches.  I attempt to install the CSS and I get an error of "Setup Failed to install ADAM".  I can't find any information to why this is reporting this error and if anyone can give me some insight I would apprieciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

tshinder -> RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install (28.Dec.2006 12:51:25 PM)

Hi Halibut,

Make the ISA Firewall a domain member. Make sure it's interfaces are configured correctly (internal and external). Remember, never put an external DNS server address on the ISA Firewall's interfaces (except in testing environements when you have to sometimes).

After joining the ISA Firewall to the domain, first install CSS only on the ISA Firewall. After installing the CSS, configure an array. Then install the ISA Firewall services on the ISA Firewall device.

HTH,
Tom

halibut -> RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install (28.Dec.2006 1:07:36 PM)

Thanks, I was able to get the server installed but only after adding a second NIC to the server.  Is this required or could I have used a LO to run on a single interface?

Chris

tshinder -> RE: problem with CSS ADAM Failed to install (31.Dec.2006 10:39:07 AM)

HuH?

How can a Firewall have a single interface? In order to provide protection the ISA Firewall needs to be in the path. A single NIC both can be very easily bypassed.

Tom

Page: [1]