Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General

tomywu -> Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 (4.Jan.2007 9:40:41 AM)

I have the ISA2004 installed on my Server 2003 Standard with 2 network cards:

First one: 10.0.0.101 connected to router (10.0.0.1) to connect to internet (pppoe).
Second one: 192.168.2.9 (local network) connect to network hub.

The problem is:
On all terminals computers (192.168.2.x), they cannot use remote desktop to connect to our terminal server with fix IP in the other office. It fails even after I applied a general rule to allow everything to get through.

Other information:
1. I can use remote desktop from the server to connect to the terminal server in the other office. It only fails from a terminal.
2. If I applied a general rule to allow everything, those terminal can go on internet without problem. I played around other rules and the ISA seems to be functioning.
When I read the log, it seems to me my "general rule" seems to be allowing the remote desktop (using port 3389) is getting through.

Please advise what I should look at to resolve the problems. Thanks.

abqtech -> RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 (4.Jan.2007 11:32:10 AM)

Do your clients have the MS Firewall Client installed on them?

ashujaku -> RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 (4.Jan.2007 1:22:54 PM)

Dont bother with rules. See this :

http://forums.isaserver.org/Some_thinks_doesnt_work_when_sharing_PPPOE_connection/m_2002035466/tm.htm

It is exactly as my problem, and it has to do something with PPPOE routing which I dont understand . I have 2 external internet connection. When i use other internet connection (no pppoe)  it works with the same rules,.When i use pppoe for sharing , it doesn't do it. (the same applies for VPN connections PPTP or L2TP

tomywu -> RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 (13.Jan.2007 11:16:42 AM)

>Do your clients have the MS Firewall Client installed on them?

No, I haven't install the MS Firewall Client. The terminal are using WinXP and my internet connection is using pppoe. Is installting the MS Firewall Client on the terminal will fix the problem? Please advise. Thanks

Page: [1]