• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA... - 4.Jan.2007 9:40:41 AM   
tomywu

I have the ISA2004 installed on my Server 2003 Standard with 2 network cards:

First one: 10.0.0.101 connected to router (10.0.0.1) to connect to internet (pppoe).
Second one: 192.168.2.9 (local network) connect to network hub.

The problem is:
On all terminals computers (192.168.2.x), they cannot use remote desktop to connect to our terminal server with fix IP in the other office. It fails even after I applied a general rule to allow everything to get through.

Other information:
1. I can use remote desktop from the server to connect to the terminal server in the other office. It only fails from a terminal.
2. If I applied a general rule to allow everything, those terminal can go on internet without problem. I played around other rules and the ISA seems to be functioning.
When I read the log, it seems to me my "general rule" seems to be allowing the remote desktop (using port 3389) is getting through.

Please advise what I should look at to resolve the problems. Thanks.

Tommy Wu
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind... - 4.Jan.2007 11:32:10 AM   
abqtech

Do your clients have the MS Firewall Client installed on them?

(in reply to tomywu)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind... - 4.Jan.2007 1:22:54 PM   
ashujaku

Dont bother with rules. See this :

http://forums.isaserver.org/Some_thinks_doesnt_work_when_sharing_PPPOE_connection/m_2002035466/tm.htm

It is exactly as my problem, and it has to do something with PPPOE routing which I dont understand . I have 2 external internet connection. When i use other internet connection (no pppoe)  it works with the same rules,.When i use pppoe for sharing , it doesn't do it. (the same applies for VPN connections PPTP or L2TP

(in reply to tomywu)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind... - 13.Jan.2007 11:16:42 AM   
tomywu

>Do your clients have the MS Firewall Client installed on them?

No, I haven't install the MS Firewall Client. The terminal are using WinXP and my internet connection is using pppoe. Is installting the MS Firewall Client on the terminal will fix the problem? Please advise. Thanks

Tommy Wu

(in reply to abqtech)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Cannot use Remote Desktop from a terminal PC behind ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts