• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 6.Jan.2007 2:41:35 PM   
ISA2006Newbie

Hello,

First I'd like to say how much of a life saver this site has been, having never used ISA before, the tutorials have been an invaluable tool for me.

I am trying to publish a  Citrix MPS 4 server with the Web Interface, I am using this tutorial as a guide - http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA_SERVER__Citrix_Metaframe_Acces.html but for the life of me I cannot find where I can create packet filters for the appropriate ports. Is the procedure the same for ISA 2006? If so, could someone point me in the right directly? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 6.Jan.2007 6:18:18 PM   
spouseele

Hi Mike,

from ISA 2004 onwards you must either publish an internal resource with a web/server publishing rule (NAT or Route relationship) or create an access rule to allow access to the internal resource (Route relationship). No packet filters are involved at all.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to ISA2006Newbie)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 6.Jan.2007 7:33:58 PM   
ISA2006Newbie

Hi Stefaan,

Thanks for the quick response!  So you're saying in order to make my server accessible from the outside I'll need a Web publishing rule for the WI  interface and then an access rule for the other ports required? Is there any specific order that they need to be?

I created an access rule to forward ports 1494, 1604, 2598 to my Citrix server (in one rule), and then created a web publishing rule for the citrix web interface in another.

The access rule for the three ports is #7 and the web publishing rule is #8 in line.

I appreciate the help!
Mike

< Message edited by ISA2006Newbie -- 6.Jan.2007 7:54:43 PM >

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 7.Jan.2007 2:18:42 PM   
ISA2006Newbie

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm able to log into the WI but when I try to open a published application I get "There is no Citrix Metaframe server configured on the specified address". Checking the logs I see the connection trying to be made at 1494 but the destination is Local Host and not my citrix server which makes sense that the connection  is denied.

Here is my setup:

Netopia 4622XL T1 router -> ISA -> Citrix

I had the Netopia map an IP address to the ISA server for Citrix. The Citrix server is setup with an altaddr for the public address and that connection within Citrix  is setup for "Direct" access, this worked fine with our PIX setup but isn't working too well for the new ISA setup Can someone shed some light on this?

In my rules I specify TCP 1494/TCP 1604/TCP 2598 on the inbound side to my ctrix server, that is #7 in my list, #8 is my web listener for Citrix, it listens on the public IP I specified in my netopia router and points to my internal Citrix. Outbound is open access right now.

Post #: 4
RE: ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 7.Jan.2007 6:02:32 PM   
spouseele

Hi Mike,

whether you should use a publishing rule or an access rule depends on the network relationship defined between the internal and external network. If it is NAT you *must* use a publishing rule. If it is ROUTE you might use an access rule although a publishing rule works too.

It's a long time ago I looked at the Citrix stuff but if I remember well, instead of clicking on the link to open a published application you can right click the link and save the 'ICA file' to your desktop. You can than open it with notepad and check out the exact communication parameters of the published application given by the Citrix server.

HTH,
Stefaan

Post #: 5
RE: ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 - 7.Jan.2007 6:25:37 PM   
ISA2006Newbie

I think that was where I went wrong. We are using NAT, and I was just using an access rule to gain access. I will try to create a server publishing rule to publish Citrix and see how that works.

Thanks Stefaan for your insight, it is much appreciated!
Mike

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Server Publishing >> ISA 2006 + Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts