• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how to plan for my network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> how to plan for my network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to plan for my network - 11.Jan.2007 4:52:19 AM   
mekaneky

Hello all ,

my netwoek appear as

ADSL router with private IP on lan port i.e.( 192.168.5.1/24 ), so i want to connect it to swtich and network 1 connect to that swtich all PCs on it in the same range 192.168.5.x / 24 , one of them will be ISA 2006 ( on 2003 EE with SP1 )
and that ISA server act as firewall for network 2 with private IPs ( 10.0.0.x/24)

and i have an other server with 2 NICs which act as file server ( for network 1 and network2 )

my problems are :
1- how to use the other server ( not ISA one ) as file share for 2 networks while one of them will be in the same range of ISA external NIC IP. and if i required rules on ISA server to do that task what these rules. 
2- i want to install DNS server ( cache only ) for both network 1 and network 2 , where to install it on ISA server itself or on file and printer share .
any easy step by step help in that ??.

thanks all.
Post #: 1
RE: how to plan for my network - 11.Jan.2007 5:00:40 AM   
mekaneky

Please take notes :

1- i have no domain at all cause most computers in network1 are windows XP home edtion
2- how if i will goning to install DNS on the file share server , how can i do that while it has 2 NICs ?

(in reply to mekaneky)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> how to plan for my network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts