• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA HTTP requests exceeded

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA HTTP requests exceeded Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA HTTP requests exceeded - 11.Jan.2007 11:45:49 AM   
lee.don@pertrac.com

Hi, I have a problem with publishing owa and i have been scratching my head for a couple of days now and its getting to the point where i must get it fixed or call Microsoft.

I had this all working a few weeks back under a different external IP address published through ISA but now its not working. I have this problem in 2 offices who both had their External addresses changed.

Nothing else was changed at either site but it doesn't work.
I have the site published following the guide on here: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-Firewall-Publishing-OWA-RPC-HTTP-Single-IP-Address-Part1.html

When trying to access OWA i get the prompt for a certificate, then i get the ISA OWA form, if i enter in the name incorrectly it takes me back to the form again.
If i enter in the correct details it gives me a message

If i have logging turned on ISA i see loads of requests to port 443 on the exchange server, none of them say denied, but there are so many of them.

I have re-set up the rules and the listener for OWA. I have not created a certificate.
OWA works if i ignore the ISA box and access it from my PC.

I have no idea what the problem is here, any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA HTTP requests exceeded - 18.Jan.2007 10:35:43 AM   
tshinder

Hi Lee,

Why are you getting prompted for a certificate? Are you requiring User Certificate authentication?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to lee.don@pertrac.com)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA HTTP requests exceeded - 18.Jan.2007 10:42:24 AM   
lee.don@pertrac.com

Thanks for replying.

I have found the rough area where the problem lies, although i can't be certain.
It looks like someone had turned on forms based authentication on the exchange server, and forms based authentication was turned on ISA.
This was causing it to get stuck in a loop, and generated a lot of http requests before it eventually timed out.

I have got this working in both offices now, similar problems but not the same.
On the other ISA server upgrading from 2004 and rebuilding the isa box fixed it.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> OWA HTTP requests exceeded Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts