• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2007 Edge server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Exchange 2007 Edge server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2007 Edge server - 14.Jan.2007 3:25:56 PM   
Michael_Dorfman

I'm wondering what the recommended topology is vis-a-vis ISA2006 and Exchange2007 with an Edge Server.  I know I can use ISA2006 to publish my internal Exchange Server, but it appears that the anti-spam facilities require the use of a separate Edge Server, presumably in a DMZ. 

So: do I put the Edge server outside of the ISA?  Do I put it behind the ISA, on a separate subnet (using a tri-homed gateway)?  Do I put it in my internal network, and publish it via ISA2006 as if it were a Hub Transport server?

What's the best practice?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2007 Edge server - 14.Jan.2007 6:57:05 PM   
Jason Jones

I would place the Edge server in an ISA anonymous access perimeter network and then use SMTP server publishing to present it to the Internet.

Alternatively, you could place the server between two back-to-back ISA firewalls and use SMTP server publishing on the external ISA.

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk/ and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk/

(in reply to Michael_Dorfman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Exchange 2007 Edge server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts