• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Alternet SMTP Port

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Alternet SMTP Port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alternet SMTP Port - 15.Jan.2007 7:12:25 AM   
stosti

I'm told by Comcast Cable that they are closing port 25 to all none businesses.  They don't offer a business account in my area...  I am tryting to setup my exchange server to send and receive email on port 587.  I have it working with incoming mail.  I'm having a problem with outgoing.  Is ISA 2004 closed from the inside out on port 587 by default?  If yes how do you create a rile to let all internal traffic on port 587 be allowed to the external interface?

As for my email issue I'm building a box that will take all emain entering on port 25 and relay it on port 587.  It will also be listening for mail on port 587 and relay it out on port 25.

Thanks,
Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Alternet SMTP Port - 15.Jan.2007 7:52:23 AM   
Hi Scott,
dude don't you read your rules?
by default all traffic is denied by "the default rule".
this means that you should allow only the traffic needed implicit with a clear purpose in mind.
If you need to pass traffic for an application you should create an access rule which will
permit only what is needed.
for what you want you should create a user-define protocol from ISA toolbox.
the guys arround here have a tutorial for this:
http://www.tacteam.net/openport.htm
This means read the documentation to help yourself!

(in reply to stosti)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Alternet SMTP Port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts