• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

rule for access to specific domains and his links?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> rule for access to specific domains and his links? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
rule for access to specific domains and his links? - 17.Jan.2007 7:08:21 PM   
j.checa@random.es

Hello.
I need to create a rule for permit access to only specifics domains, for example msn.es and msn.com, but, this the domains use information, as images, located on other domains. How can I do it, without specifying each one of the linked domains? It's possible?
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: rule for access to specific domains and his links? - 19.Jan.2007 1:55:41 PM   
tshinder

You can't. You will need to allow access to those domains too, if you want to allow access to those domains.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to j.checa@random.es)
Post #: 2
RE: rule for access to specific domains and his links? - 19.Jan.2007 4:05:45 PM   
z_haseeb

HI TOM...
Tom have we any 3rd party utility which can search the Web page script (like view source in the Internet Explorer)which is already allowed on daily basis or hourly basis and add the every new URL from that allowed site in the AllowURL Set.

I know that 3rd party utily will not be present definatly.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: rule for access to specific domains and his links? - 21.Jan.2007 11:31:28 AM   
tshinder

It actually does not make sense from a security point of view. Why should you trust other domains that the Web page connects to? What creates this implicit trust? That's why you need to allow those domains and confirm with your security group that you do indeed trust them.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to z_haseeb)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> rule for access to specific domains and his links? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts