Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning

gastonl -> Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (19.Jan.2007 5:55:11 PM)

I am a happy user of ISA 2000
I just bought ISA 2006 and I installed it
I am using the Edge Firewall Template just out of the box
All my clients can connect to the internet, but the ISA box cannot.
when I try to reach;

google.com
I got a page saying

Network Access Manager

Error Code 502 Proxy error
The ISA server denied the specified
uniform resource locator url 12202
IP address 10.10.10.2 (Yeap, this is the ip of my LAN interface)

Any ideas?

thanks

Gaston

elmajdal -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (19.Jan.2007 6:17:20 PM)

quote:

All my clients can connect to the internet,

This is because you created a rule From Internal To External

quote:

but the ISA box cannot

This is because u need to create a rule From LOCALHOST To External

Boedus -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (19.Jan.2007 8:28:01 PM)

People are actually installing servers in production without even knowing what color is ISA Server lol

gastonl -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (19.Jan.2007 8:41:20 PM)

People is assuming things without knowing anything...

My ISA 2006 is in a new server, in my LAB, not production yet
I just installed it and I am playing with it.

gastonl -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (19.Jan.2007 8:42:03 PM)

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Gaston

elmajdal -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (20.Jan.2007 3:22:15 AM)

Glad to help.

Regards,
Tarek

z_haseeb -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (20.Jan.2007 7:30:59 AM)

HI Ganton
its not recommanded to connect Internet from your ISA computer....

Still you are getting error after making the Access Rule from LocalHost to External

gastonl -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (21.Jan.2007 11:02:59 AM)

Thanks for the recommendation, if I do now have internet acccess on the ISA box, how I will be able to install the Windows Hotfixes?
Should I use a cd with the latest fixes? should I avoid to install any further critical update but SPs?

is there any best practice for this admin task?

Thanks in advance

Gaston

elmajdal -> RE: Cannot browse the Internet from the ISA server (21.Jan.2007 12:01:25 PM)

Personally , i use WSUS to update all the client machines and servers, its free [:D]
It will automate the process and will preserve bandwidth ( only one machine will download the update )

and then you can use WSUS to update your  ISA , all you need is to follow this article :  Allowing ISA 2004 to Use SUS/WUS/WSUS

Page: [1]