• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP problem - 22.Jan.2007 8:35:16 PM   
gping

We have old NT+proxy2.0 working fine. I just installed win2003+isa2004. But the Firewall client pc could not ftp to outside. Whenever dir / put .. etc, it showed:
can't assign requested address.

I know it might be sort of passive mode problem. But just dont know why the old NT+proxy2.0 works with these apps ok, but the new ones fails. AND could anybody show me how to fix it?
The old proxy2.0 has one nic. And the new ISA server got one nic as well.
I have only one access rule in my ISA server which allows any to any. Its FPT property has been unticked "Read only".

THanks a lot from GPING.
Post #: 1
RE: FTP problem - 23.Jan.2007 1:34:40 AM   
aklimkin

You cannot make firewall clients working with single-leg ISA server configuration.
I'm not aware why those apps were working with Proxy 2, but with current ISA versions you need to configure the app to be a web proxy client of an ISA server. If your app won't support the web proxy configuration you should configure it to bypass the ISA server and access the internet directly via your internet gateway (whatever it is).
Please take a read the "Configuring ISA Server with a Single Network Adapter Configuration" section of the "Troubleshooting Unsupported Configurations in ISA Server" document.

Regards,
Andrew

(in reply to gping)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP problem - 23.Jan.2007 6:09:39 PM   
gping

Thanks, Aklimkin.
I dont understand why firewall client wont work with single-leg isa server.
My company got a lot of branches and all our internet traffic goes to a datacentre colocated at ISP. We just want the isa server to process all internet-related request, of course a multi-homed firewall faces the public world.
You see, in this case, Web client setting wont fix all sorts of applications / 3rd party programs/utilities,  we need the "winsock proxy". And SecureNAT needs setting the local pc's default gw to the isa server, and that is impossible as isa server is on different segment.

Till now, we dont have any other problem  with firewall client accessing outside, except this FTP command problem which affects some of our old applications sending files outside, we have to keep our old proxy2.0 (still single-leg) still running.
If you can shed more lights on this issue, I will appreciate greatly.

(in reply to aklimkin)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP problem - 23.Jan.2007 7:27:17 PM   
ojowens

I have a similar problem. My company just purchase Windows Small Business Server 2003 and I installed ISA Server 2004 as our Web Proxy and Firewall.

Using FrontPage 2003 I created the company's website, but could not upload the website to my ISP. I tried edititing and even created my own FTP Access Rules, but could not upload from my Client PC inside the network. So I used the Server which is ISA was installed on to Upload.

I read your postings and will try out some of the things mentioned.

But I would really like to have upload from my PC instead of having to go to the sever. If you have any help and information for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Jonathan OJ Owens
Papua New Guinea

(in reply to gping)
Post #: 4
RE: FTP problem - 24.Jan.2007 3:04:37 PM   
spouseele

Hi gping,

quote:

And SecureNAT needs setting the local pc's default gw to the isa server, and that is impossible as isa server is on different segment.

That's a totally wrong statement!

Check out the ISA help file and Jim Harrison’s excellent articles over at http://www.isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to ojowens)
Post #: 5
RE: FTP problem - 24.Jan.2007 3:07:42 PM   
spouseele

Hi Jonathan,

check out About the FTP Protocol Support in ISA Server.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message