• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Publishing Rules being ignored?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Web Publishing Rules being ignored? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Publishing Rules being ignored? - 23.Jan.2007 10:58:41 AM   
Remy

I have been using web publishing rules for 3 months, all working without any interference from me. I have two ISA 2006 Servers operating as outbound proxy servers and as an array for published web apps. I have approximately 6 applications (including OWA) being published with a local website running on the array members which simply provide an application list to click on.

This all worked swimmingly until yesterday morning when NONE of the applications where accessible. Every external request for a web app now drops though the firewall rules and is denied by the Enterprise Default rule???

Nothing has been changed on the ISA array and nothing has been configured on our other firewalls, no DNS changes have been made and there is nothing in the event log to indicate any issues.

I was intending to launch this in two weeks to a wider population of around 2,000 users but this will clearly not be possible until this is resolved. I am receiving plenty of grief over this at the moment and would appreciate ANY assistance on offer.

regards,
Remy
Post #: 1
RE: Web Publishing Rules being ignored? - 24.Jan.2007 2:04:13 PM   
tshinder

Hi Remy,

First step is to get IIS OFF the firewall. It's a firewall, not a Web server and you compromise security and stability by running a Web server on the firewall.

Check the Event Viewer to see if there are issues with the firewall or OS.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Remy)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Publishing Rules being ignored? - 25.Jan.2007 7:15:22 AM   
Remy

Cheers Tom,

the IIS install is only temporary until the units go into production and an internal webserver is sourced. I have uninstalled IIS to try and resolve my issue. There DID appear to be a resource allocation conflict between IIS/ISA but even though I have got to the bottom of that there are still issues.

I have an ISA array with a listener using the VIP. It now correctly picks up the inbound request and presents the authentication page. Once authentication is complete the request for the internal web app seems to be routing the request to the internal VIP? (The logs display source IP as the internal VIP and destination IP as the internal VIP)

I have another listener which works perfectly well but even if I switch my app publishing rule to this listener it still fails. I have around 8 apps being published but only one of them is now correctly routing to the internal network? This has been functioning without issue for 3 months.

regards,
Raymond

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Publishing Rules being ignored? - 27.Jan.2007 12:21:33 PM   
tshinder

Hi Raymond,

Any errors appear in the ISA Firewall's Event Viewer?

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Remy)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Web Publishing >> Web Publishing Rules being ignored? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts