• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SQL Server Connections

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> SQL Server Connections Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SQL Server Connections - 25.Jan.2007 1:17:26 PM   
MikeRM2

Here is the deal..

I am running ISA Server 2006 Enterprise.  I am trying to configure the logging via SQL Server.  Problem is that I am unable to connect to the SQL Server machine.  It is running SQL Server 2005 with SP1.  Now I checked the SQL Server logs and it has the following port open for connections : 2440.  It also mentioned 2441.  So I created a protocol for SQL Server to use 1433, 2440, & 2441.  I then created an access rule for local host to the SQL server, using the previous created protocol.
After I did this, I tried to run the ODBC again and create the connection.  No go.  It fails each and every time.  I then tried a telnet connection from the ISA Server to the SQL server via 1433, 2440, and 2441.  Each connection failed.  Over on the SQL machine I started up the SQL Profiler to look for connections to the SQL server, and also ran a nbtstat and saw that it is looking on those ports.
Reran the telnet and ODBC, no joy.  Looked at the Profiler and it shows no connection attempts.  Also then went and looked at the SQL logs, and they show no connection attempts.
My question is why is the ISA Server not trying to connect to the SQL Server?  I can ping it and it has a good ping, but will not allow traffic through the ports I need.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> SQL Server Connections Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts