• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

LDAP isn't working from '06 ISA to '03 Server?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> LDAP isn't working from '06 ISA to '03 Server? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LDAP isn't working from '06 ISA to '03 Server? - 30.Jan.2007 4:45:47 PM   
BrandonOz

O.k., here is my beef. (The problem must be something Iím not doing, hence why I made this posting.)

I have a 2006 ISA Server on a workgroup. It has 2 Nic's, one with a public IP, the other for directing traffic. I have it setup as a virtual SMTP server forwarding mail to a 2003 Exchange/DC Server.(I can't afford 2 servers, hence why its all on the one box) I do not intend EVER to make the ISA Server part of the Domain 

The setup I have is this... The DC/Exchange server is working fine; it is connected to the ISA Server on 1 NIC, while the other is connected to a HARD VPN. This constant VPN is connected to another DC (2nd DC in the domain) This 2nd DC is obviously at a remote location where my clients are at. The clientís workstations which are on the domain retrieve their email through the dedicated VPN. This setup works and I havenít had issues with it.

I have also setup RPC over HTTP along with OWA. My clients who have laptops can go home and still use their laptops for their email as it then works with the RPC protocol etc. Those who don't have laptops use the web site, https://mail.client.com/exchange  (This all works obviously due to people then coming through the ISA server to reach the exchange 2003 server. Not through the VPN connection)

All this works beautifully and I couldnít be happier until my client wants exchange active synch to work!!!! Thatís when everything hits the fan....

I have tried the setup suggested http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/LDAP-Pre-authentication-ISA-2006-Firewalls-Part1.html 
And I can not get it to work. The issue I am running into is that the ISA 2006 server can not see the 2003 Exchange server through LDAP???

I created a certificate using the 2003 exchange/dc server. I installed the certificate on all the clients PC's, the ISA Server and the smart phones. (Treo 750 and Cingular 8125, both with Windows Mobile 5.)

This whole setup I have only works because I have the ISA Server forwarding all requests directly to the 2003 Exchange/DC Server without any interface from the ISA. Meaning that I donít have clients authenticating with the ISA, but the Exchange 2003 Server.

When I follow the direction on the above web site, my clients hit the ISA server for authentication but nothing works??? They get the ISA Web Site but since I get the error "None of the configured LDAP servers is available for verifying the user" from the ISA server when configuring LDAP for authentication purposes there obviously not getting through to the Exchange/DC Server.

I am so lost! I know the setup I have isn't exactly the best, but it work when I don't need to have stupid mobile phones trying to get email. Could someone please enlighten me on the right path???

Many thanks in advance!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> LDAP isn't working from '06 ISA to '03 Server? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts