• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Web Proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Proxy - 4.Feb.2007 12:35:11 PM   
gtmac

Hi,
I'm installing ISA 2006 enterprise for the first time on a Windows 2003 server in a windows domain. I have a Edge Cisco PIX firewall and would like to use the ISA as a Web proxy so I was wondering the following;
  • Do I require 2 network cards on the ISA? There is already 2 on board NICs but since I'm using this as a proxy I wasn't sure...
  • Do I need to deploy the ISA client, and how is this done? AD? Or do I use Group policy to force all users to use the ISA proxy???
  • Is there any good step by step Proxy only setup guides?

Thanks,
Greg
Post #: 1
RE: Web Proxy - 16.Feb.2007 8:36:04 AM   
tshinder

Hi Greg,

Given the profound security issues with the PIX, I always configure the ISA Firewall as either a back end firewall or a parallel firewall. The ISA Firewall has no exploits while the PIX has many expliots documented on secunia.com.

Keep in mind that the ISA Firewall was designed as a network firewall with some Web proxy features. But it's always a firewall, no matter how the admin might try to gut it.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to gtmac)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Web Proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts