• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

I am unable to connect the firewall client software with ISA server.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> I am unable to connect the firewall client software with ISA server. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am unable to connect the firewall client software wit... - 7.Feb.2007 3:01:17 AM   
A2

Hi,

Further to our tele-conversation, below you can find the details of our network.

I have installed ISA Server 2006 standard edition (Trial Version) in Integrated Mode. The ISA Server Machine is connected to the Domain but no server role is configured except ISA. I have applied the default network Template Edge Firewall. The ISA server machine is having two interfaces Internal and External. Internal Interface has IP address of internal network and the internal DNS (No Gateway) whereas the external gateway is connected to the DSL Modem and an IP of the external i.e. separate network and DNS of the ISP.

I want to make all the clients firewall client. For that I install the client software on machines.

Internal Network

Internal network has the following IP addressing scheme 10.64.22.0 – 10.64.22.255 /24
The IP address of the internal network interface is 10.64.22.110/24

I am not able to ping the server from any client after installing ISA server. But if I create access rule in firewall to allow PING (ICMP Protocol) from Internal to Local Host then the users are able to ping but still the FW Client software is not able to find the server neither automatically nor manually. When I try to find the server automatically it gives message “failed to detect ISA server”. When I try manually by giving IP address it says “The specified server returned an unresolved redirected server name” and when I put server name it says “failed to resolve server name”. I checked nslookup command it is working fine i.e. returning the name of the server.

External Network

External network as I told you is connected to a DSL Modem and I have connected the external interface of the ISA Server to this.

External network has the following IP scheme

192.168.1.0 – 255 /24

IP of the DSL Modem is 192.168.1.1/24
IP of the external interface of the server is 192.168.1.2/24

Kind Regards,
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> I am unable to connect the firewall client software with ISA server. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts