attempted to use your tutorial but external connections dont work (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper

Zero_1984 -> attempted to use your tutorial but external connections dont work (7.Feb.2007 11:39:29 PM)

Hi all,

I attempted to use your tutorial on using a isa 2000 server with the h.323 gatekeeper installed, but external connections dont work when they attempt to use the external ip of the isa 2000 box to connect to internal connections.

i know this is a redundant technology, i keep seeing this on posts on newsgroups, but unforunately we need netmeeting to service home clients remotely, and we also need to remove our direct connections so everyone is now behind a firewall.

i've done a port scan of the external interface of the isa server, and ports 1503, 1720, 389 are all open, so the ports are open publicly, but i still cannot get external clients to call through to internal clients.

i also have a phone number rule that tells my gatekeeper to forward all requests to the registration database... internal clients can join the gatekeeper and call each other fine via phone number.

Any help or alternative software recommendations or step by step processes would be handy, the ones in the article just dont work for me.

Page: [1]