• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Best Plan for Fault Tolerance / Load Balance

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Best Plan for Fault Tolerance / Load Balance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Plan for Fault Tolerance / Load Balance - 8.Feb.2007 10:37:57 AM   
poiuy

I am currently running ISA 2004 Standard and with the growth of our company maintaining a constant reliable Internet connection is more important.

My plan is to switch to two ISA 2006 Enterprise servers and in an Array.  This will accomplish my goal on the LAN but not for the WAN and that is where I need help.

We currently have two bonded T1's from AT&T into a Cisco Router.  We also have a Cable Modem with Static IP's.  Is there anyway to configure ISA 06 to utilize both of those connections?  Can one use the Cable Modem and the other use the T1's.  I could then do Round Robin DNS and ensure that Email / Web Hosting is not completely down and Internet access from users is always available.

My other option is to use a Netgear FVX538.  It has dual WAN Ports and can provide fault tolerance and load balancing.  However using it creates a Single Point of Failure and I am not certain yet how our existing VPN connections will function using NAT to the ISA Server.

My core goal is to ensure that we have a constant Internet connection whether the ISA server is rebooted for maintenance or the T1's or Cable Modem Fail.  We operate 24/365 and there is rarely a good time for maintenance.

Thank You.

poiuy the Nemisis of qwerty
Post #: 1
RE: Best Plan for Fault Tolerance / Load Balance - 16.Feb.2007 8:40:57 AM   
tshinder

No.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to poiuy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Best Plan for Fault Tolerance / Load Balance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts