• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot access internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Cannot access internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot access internet - 14.Feb.2007 9:35:57 AM   
pheonixchin

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with connecting to internet, someone please help me out

when I finish install ISA 2006 enterprise, I config the firewall policy to allow all outbound connection from localhost and internal to external. and another policy to allow from local host and internal to internal and local host.

However I cannot access the internet from the ISA server itself or from the local lan.
i've try to config the IE to use proxy server (127.0.01) and port 8080 but it doens't work too. please tell me which one i supose to use. proxy or no proxy

I was also unable to ping the internet, but it manage to resolve the host name to IP address.

the external NIC from ISA is connect to a ADSL router and a internal NIC is connect to the LAN switch.  the computer that run ISA is also a DC, DNS and DHCP server.

I also run a ISABPA and it tell me that primary DNS failed to response. the routing (chaining) failure alert was signal 9 times. 

In the log, most of them are DNS and HTTP and the action that appear most often is closed connetion, failed connection and initiated connection

before installing ISA server, the internet is still usable by the server.

Please tell me which parts I make misstake on. Thank you very much
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot access internet - 15.Feb.2007 2:01:30 AM   
SenthilKumar

Hi,

i Got the Same issue ... is your ADSL Adapter is Taking IP ???? or Showing Some Limited Connectivity ???

in that case add the ADSL IP Address Range in the InternalNetwork and Check .. that Resolved the Problem for me ....

With Cheers and Regards,

Senthil Kumar
Network Analyst.
India

(in reply to pheonixchin)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot access internet - 22.Feb.2007 3:34:35 AM   
pheonixchin

Hi
Thanks for the answer, I just found out the solution, it was my silly misstake. All I did is just remove the default gateway from my internal NIC. everything is now working fine.

(in reply to SenthilKumar)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Cannot access internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts