• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

latest isa client flakey in my experience

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> latest isa client flakey in my experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
latest isa client flakey in my experience - 15.Feb.2007 10:16:02 PM   
kwhelan

After removing the original isaclient which has worked faultlessly on 200 + workstations for over 2 years I took the oportunity to upgrade the workstations to latest client 4.0.3442 and ie7.
I now get random workstations that authenticate and browse happily then for no apparant reason maybe hours maybe minutes later get asked to authenticate,which always fails unless you supply either a domain admin account or some other user than the one actually logged on to the workstation.The client icon still shows connected,all settings can be reapplied,refreshed etc, pinged,server still detects but somehow the authentication breaks.Only fix is a workstation restart and this fixes it for a next few hours.
Have also had other issues with latest client where new instalation defaults for "all users" to disabled ,never had that ever in earlier client versions,and have had to reset odd folder permissions on the local client user settings folders and have found manually copying the config files from another machine helps or using fwctool and reseting all global options correctly.generally massaging the client with fwctool seems to fix things although the ini files look identical before and after.
Tried repairing,removing and reinstalling but finally for sanity gone back to original client that shipped on cd.Although this client doesnt get recognised by Windows defender firewall which is a pain
Anyway if your having strange issues beware of some odd behavoiur in new clients
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> latest isa client flakey in my experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts