• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cisco IPsec VPN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Cisco IPsec VPN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cisco IPsec VPN - 18.Feb.2007 1:33:59 PM   
stosti

Hi,

I am trying to connect two buildings via vpn tunnel using cisco routers.  The tunnel is up but traffic is unable to pass from the router internal interface to my internal network that connects to the internal network card of my ISA 2004 server.  The side that has no ISA server (we are using the router's firewall set as the only firewall) is working fine. 

How do I get my ISA server to pass traffic which originated on the 10.14.0.0 (other location) network passes throught the tunnel and enters my firewalls external interface.  This interface connects directly to my router FE 0/0.  From my router I can ping 10.12.0.1 (ISA internal nic address).  I cannot ping machines on my internal network.  Cisco says I need to be able to for the tunnel to work properly.

Thanks,
Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Cisco IPsec VPN - 21.Feb.2007 12:47:24 PM   
tonygauderman

It sounds like you have a basic routing problem, not an ISA Server configuration problem.  Do not use your ISA Server as a router, as it's not a router, but a firewall.  You need to route traffic destined for the remote network through the inside interface of your Cisco router.

What are the IP's of your clients, and what do their routing tables look like.  Are you using more than one interface on your router, if so what are the other addresses.

(in reply to stosti)
Post #: 2
RE: Cisco IPsec VPN - 21.Feb.2007 12:54:08 PM   
stosti

Hi,

I'm all set...  I'm adding another T1 circuit and a router.  This will be a dedicated gateway to my UK office.

Thank You!

(in reply to tonygauderman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Cisco IPsec VPN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts