• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Erratic Performance

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Erratic Performance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Erratic Performance - 21.Feb.2001 9:14:00 PM   
kennebg

I have installed ISA Eval edition, standalone in Intergrated mode on a PIII 600 with 256Kb and 9Gig 10,000 RPM Ultra-SCSI. I think this is a sufficent platform for my 20 local users and another 80 remote via VPN. The VPN is also terminating in the ISA server.

My WEB surfing and FTP performance is very erratic. Sometimes it's very quick. Sometimes it takes several minutes for one page to load. My access to the Internet is T1 and prior to installing ISA I have not expereinced this kind of speed variance. Even today, I can plug my desktop in outside of the ISA and it is still cooking. Bring it back inside and it might cook and it might be slow motion.

I have tried turning caching off as well with the same performance results.

Any Ideas?????

Post #: 1
RE: Erratic Performance - 22.Feb.2001 11:57:00 AM   
tshinder

Run the ISA Server Performance console and see if any of the counters give you a clue.

BTW, not all of the ISA Server counters are included with the default console, so if you want to see everything, add the other ones manually.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to kennebg)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Erratic Performance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts