• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Published Web Site Traffic report

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Published Web Site Traffic report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Published Web Site Traffic report - 20.Mar.2007 4:33:47 PM   
tberk

Hello all,
What is the best way to produce a web traffic report about a published web site? I am referring to incoming web requests here. Ideally, it could be automated into a daily report that could be emailed automatically. I can produce a log filter as described in Procedure 6 in the MS guidance located here; http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2004/plan/publishingwebservers.mspx. This log filter shows the desired information, but how do I get it into a report and automated? Do I need a 3rd party product? All the built in reporting is somewhat fixated on where internal user's are going on the web. Most of the third party products also seem to be obsessed with what those pesky users' are up to. That is of little value here.
One option would be to set the 'Requests appear to come from the original client' option in the web publishing rule and use the IIS logs, as there are tools available to parse these logs. However, pages 657 and 658 of Shinder's 'ISA 2004' book say that you are better off using the ISA logs to track incoming web traffic, but never says how.
So what is the best way to track incoming web requests to published web sites behind ISA 2004? Preferably with an automated graphical report.
Thanks in advance.
tb
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Published Web Site Traffic report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts