Need help logging VPN client connections (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting

jack_dorsey -> Need help logging VPN client connections (21.Mar.2007 7:20:01 PM)

I'm baffled.  A year ago when I first implemented ISA 2004 for our organization, if my CEO had have asked me then, "I need to know when so-and-so connects via L2TP, how long he connects for, and how often he connects," I would have answered, "sure thing, boss."

Well, today I was asked to do just that and I said, "Sure thing, boss."  Lo and behold that's not an option.  Unless I'm completely overlooking something in the Reporting features of ISA 2004.

Can someone please help me?  I cannot honestly believe that such a robust piece of software as ISA 2004 cannot do something like this.  All I want to do is basically create a log of how many times a day a particular user connects via L2TP to my ISA server.  For all I care, the log can tell me when all three of my L2TP clients connects.  I also need to know the duration of each session, and I need this data to be LOGGED in a log file which I can export from my ISA server to another location.  Seeing the sessions as they happen in the dashboard is about as useless to my CEO as possible. 

I'm almost certain that I'm absolutely overlooking something extremely easy; trouble is, I can't figure it out.  I've been using ISA 2004 for a year now and can't believe it doesn't have this functionality.

Thanks, Jack

jack_dorsey -> RE: Need help logging VPN client connections (23.Mar.2007 3:26:49 PM)

Wow, quite possibly even more baffling, but I've stumped even the geniuses at ISAServer.org.

I should get some sort of award.

elmajdal -> RE: Need help logging VPN client connections (23.Mar.2007 6:55:31 PM)

Hi,

Who said you can't do such thing ???

all u need is ISA Server 2004/2006 + MS Excel [:D]

read this : http://elmajdal.net/ISAServer/Creating_Reports_For_VPN_Clients.aspx

HTH,
Tarek

jack_dorsey -> RE: Need help logging VPN client connections (23.Mar.2007 7:01:32 PM)

Brilliant!  Just what I was looking for.  Thanks for the help on this!

Cheers, Jack Dorsey

elmajdal -> RE: Need help logging VPN client connections (24.Mar.2007 1:47:59 AM)

[:)] Glad to know that you found it usefull .

Thanks,
Tarek

Page: [1]