• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Trial version to licensed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Trial version to licensed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trial version to licensed - 30.Mar.2007 9:07:39 AM   
Ben Richardson

Microsoft have so far been unable to give me an answer to this, which i find amazing - someone must have gone thorugh the procedure before...

I've been testing ISA 2006 Standard after having installed the trial version - which apparantly expires in 180 days. Having got everything working I went and purchased a license. After registering my license via the eopen.microsoft.com site it tells me that i don't need a serial number.

So what procedure do i need to go through to update my installed ISA 2006 to make sure it doesn't die after 180 days?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Trial version to licensed - 30.Mar.2007 10:44:06 AM   
tinto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ben Richardson
I've been testing ISA 2006 Standard after having installed the trial version - which apparantly expires in 180 days. Having got everything working I went and purchased a license. After registering my license via the eopen.microsoft.com site it tells me that i don't need a serial number.

i had been doing the "full walk" on my production servers from beta to RTM to final version (purchased immediately after become available).
Every time i was uninstalling and reinstalling it, last time i've installed it from the CD arrived us.
quote:

So what procedure do i need to go through to update my installed ISA 2006 to make sure it doesn't die after 180 days?

it's a question for me too, i am explaining: i have never found any way to know if the installed version was "expiring" or not, so I'm a little scared about a wrong, unexpected expiration (maybe in some hidden registry setting is still marked to expire?)

So i'd like to be able to find the way to be sure my installed version is OK

Tinto

(in reply to Ben Richardson)
Post #: 2
RE: Trial version to licensed - 2.Apr.2007 7:24:10 AM   
Ben Richardson

Thanks tinto it's good to know it's not just me ;-)

I've just had another chat with someone at Microsoft. He's fairly certain that there should be a way of identifying what version is installed. I'll post back if i get an answer!

(in reply to tinto)
Post #: 3
RE: Trial version to licensed - 3.Apr.2007 4:30:05 AM   
Ben Richardson

Wonder of wonders Microsoft got back to me with an answer - a trial version can be identified by the product ID - if it is in the form;

#####-030-6000001-##### then it's the trial version.

After re-installing ISA 2006 SE with my purchased media kit it changed. I'm guessing other versions may have a similar pattern.

In SE you can get the product ID from Configuration - General - "View ISA Server Computer Details".

Hope this saves someone else a few days frustration!

(in reply to Ben Richardson)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Trial version to licensed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts