• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

upgrading to 2006 plan

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> upgrading to 2006 plan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
upgrading to 2006 plan - 30.Mar.2007 12:59:29 PM   
kwatts

Currently I have two ISA 2000 machines in a load balanced farm.  Since there is no direct path to 06 I was wondering if the following was a smart option.  I was going to take one server out of the farm and put it on its own network.  Upgrade it to 2004 then 2006 and export the configuration.  Then I can do a clean install of the OS and ISA and import the config back in.  Once done I can make it the live server and then rebuild the second one and join it into the new farm.  Too much work or is there a better way??

Ken
Post #: 1
RE: upgrading to 2006 plan - 1.Apr.2007 1:20:19 PM   
tshinder

Hi Ken,

My expereince is that the path of least pain is to document you ISA 2k policies and then manually input them into the new ISA Firewall. Things changed quite a bit between 2k and 2004, so you might want to review those changes and get up to speed on the new ISA Firewall. Things are very different from the 2000 ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to kwatts)
Post #: 2
RE: upgrading to 2006 plan - 2.Apr.2007 9:44:53 AM   
kwatts

Thanks Tom!  I will plan on recreating the rules.

Ken

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> upgrading to 2006 plan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts