• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is it Important to have the external site name like the internal for the certificate to work..?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Is it Important to have the external site name like the internal for the certificate to work..? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it Important to have the external site name like the... - 3.Apr.2007 8:52:19 AM   
farisnt

HI
Thanks for reading this post
I have a Q that I did not understand it well

If I want to publish a Email Server (Exchange OWA) is it important to have the external registed domain name as the FQDN of the Email Server
for Example
If My Local Domain is mail.mydomain.com
is it important to registe an external site that named as mail.mydomain.com and  have the Certificate name to be mail.mydomain.com

and If I have the local domain and Mail named as Mail.Mydomain.local
and the external site is EMailserver.Domain.net

What shell I do to ensure that the certificate will not make any problem and the publishing is OK

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Is it Important to have the external site name like... - 9.Apr.2007 10:57:18 AM   
tshinder

The name on the Web site certificate bound to the Web listener on the ISA Firewall must be the same as the name that users will use to connect to the site. The internal site certificate can be any name, although I highly recommend  split DNS infrastrucutre to make life easier for your users.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Is it Important to have the external site name like the internal for the certificate to work..? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts